Thursday 26 September 2013

Moroccanoil - my hair saviour - review



So back in August 2012 I reviewed my gorgeous, new Moroccanoil Barrel brush. I mentioned back then that Moroccanoil is my hands-down hair wonder product and a few people asked if I could write a review...

Well, for those lucky people, just 13 months later here it is!! Yes, prompt, I know!


For those who haven't tried / heard of Moroccanoil it came onto the UK market a few years ago and was hailed a hair super hero! And for good reason.  This beautiful hair oil not only protects your hair, but it also replenishes and repairs the hair, leaving it supple, shiny and super soft.

I have always used the original formula, despite a new 'light' version for fine and light-coloured hair being released. Though I have both fine and light-coloured hair, I find that the original formula suits my hair perfectly with the small amount that I use.

Moroccanoil original hair treatment - 100ml - £31.85


I simply wash my hair as usual and roughly towel dry until damp. I then dispense a small amount (roughly the size of a 20p piece) using the pump nozzle provided and work this through from around mid length to the ends of my hair. It smells utterly delicious, and is absorbed super quickly. Surprisingly it doesn't weigh hair down, nor does it make it feel greasy and I find it also helps my hair to dry a lot faster as it separates and nourishes it - always a bonus when your normal hair drying time is around half an hour, hello dead arm! Once blow dried I style as usual and voila! Perfectly nourished, healthy-looking hair, which also smells divine!!
The Moroccanoil also helps to protect the hair from heat, so blow drying and styling is less damaging, with hair looking soft and full bodied once styled.

I have also found that my hair suffers a lot less from frizz and flyaways in humid and damp weather when using the Moroccanoil. If my hair is especially dry - for example if I am on holiday somewhere hot - I will also use a small amount on the ends once styled just for that additional moisture and shine.

Moroccanoil is available from good hairdressers - such as the fabulous Afina in Truro - and also from feelunique.com. It retails at around £31.00 for the original, full 100ml size bottle which comes with the pump dispenser.

If you're concerned about Autumn being one long bad hair day, I'd seriously recommend that you give this product a go! x

No comments:

Post a Comment